Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Legislative and Compliance
- IRS Issues Guidance of Tax Credits for Coronavirus Paid Leave
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Overview
- IRS Allows HDHPs To Cover Coronavirus Costs
- DOL FAQs: COVID-19 and the Fair Labor Standards Act
- HIPAA Privacy Rules and the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Legislative Updates Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Important Updates on Coronavirus and the Workplace
- The Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Resource Page
- Fort Worth HR Coronavirus Q&A
- Texas Department of Insurance Coronavirus Resource Page
- Fort Worth Chamber Coronavirus Resources Page
- Coronavirus Information & Resources For Texas Employers Office of the Commissioner Representing Employers
- Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
- OSHA’s Guidance of Preparing Workplaces.
- FAQs from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Guidance on Stopping Spread of Respiratory Illnesses from the CDC.
- Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Employee Essential Business Letter
- Some States Require Insurance Protections Because of Covid-19
Other Webinar Resources…
Friday, March 27th at 1:00 PM CST – The Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Implications for Employers – REGISTER HERE (SHRM Membership Required)
Tuesday, March 31st at 1:00 PM EST – COBRA and the Effects of COVID-19 – REGISTER HERE
Starting March 24:
COVID-19 Benefits Compliance Weekly Update and FAQ – every Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. CT
NFP’s Benefits Compliance team will address the impact of COVID-19, starting with the recently-enacted Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). FFCRA includes new emergency paid sick requirements, expanded FMLA protections, and mandated COVID-19-related health insurance coverage requirements. We will also address COVID-19-related scenarios employers are now facing, including: (1) Situations relating to benefit plan eligibility and coverage during a furlough, layoff, or reduction in hours; (2) plan document and SPD issues; (3) ACA issues (including measurement and stability periods during a furlough/layoff); (4) COBRA responsibility and timing; (5) HDHP/HSA interaction with COVID-19 mandate coverage; (6) state issues (such as mandates on coverage, expansion of paid family and medical leave protections, and delayed filing requirements); and (7) HIPAA and other privacy issues.
Starting March 25:
HR Solutions Weekly Update and FAQ – every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. CT
NFP’s HR Solutions team will address the vast number of HR related issues emerging from the coronavirus crisis. We will discuss the recently-enacted Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which includes new emergency paid sick requirements, expanded FMLA protections, employer tax credits, aid for state unemployment plans, and mandated COVID-19-related health insurance coverage requirements.
We will also provide best practice guidance for managing through the coronavirus crisis, with insight from the following HR practice areas:
- Remote Work
- Workplace Safety – OSHA
- Leaves of Absence (new legislation and employer policies)
- Furloughs, Layoffs and RIFs
- Wage and Hour – paying your employees during this crisis
- Discrimination and EEO
- HIPAA and Other Privacy Issues